Whilst there is no doubting the power of Microsoft 365. Many organisations deploy it quickly without understanding the need to get the platform set up correctly in the first place. Over time, this creates challenges around security, flexibility and reduces the features that can be used.
Our consultants can help you plan your adoption, or review your installation allowing you to fully unlock the full power of the platform – saving you money and helping your people work better together.
Focus on Infrastructure
It is vital that you get your initial set up right so that the platform will grow with you over time. Correctly designing and configuring the services that underpin Microsoft 365 is not always straightforward, especially the first time you do it.
Areas to consider.
- Azure Active Directory - maintain one 'source of truth' for your own people's identity and organisations you work with.
- User Permissions - adopt a Role Based Access Control (RBAC) and perform regular reviews, some of which can be automated in Azure AD.
- Sharepoint Libraries - structure is key, make it aligned to your organisation so your people know where to collaborate.
- Single Sign On - federate as many services as you can, so your people have one set of credentials for all their apps, rather than many.
Our consultants can help you get it right first time and significantly speed up the roll out and adoption of Microsoft 365, so that you can work better together.
Take security and compliance to a new level
Understanding how best to implement security in the cloud and the implications to protecting your data and ensuring compliance is an essential first step in any Microsoft 365 deployment. It takes security and compliance to a new level based on a Zero Trust model and incorporating most cloud applications.
Areas to consider.
- Identity Protection / Sign-In Risk Evaluation - block 'risky' users and further protect the more important ones.
- Multi-Factor Authentication - every person should now be using MFA, the new benchmark for basic security.
- Advanced Threat Protection - take advantage of the built-in hardened policies which offer advanced threat protection.
- Cloud Application Security - gain visibility into what Cloud Apps your people are using so you can help secure them.
- Data Loss Prevention Areas to Consider - ensure your sensitive data cannot leave the organisation.
- Privileged Identity Management - make sure you properly delegate relevant access to your people to help with day to day duties.
- Information Barriers - safeguard sensitive information, or eliminate conflicts of interest.
- Insider Risk Management - make sure your people cannot take intellectual property with them if they get disgruntled.
Our security consultants can help you by integrating secure design into the heart of your Microsoft 365 roll out, protecting your data as you work better together.
Match Your Licence for Success
Understanding the Microsoft 365 licensing model and what products and services are available, and how best to license them is a key step in your Microsoft 365 deployment. It can help consolidate other products and services to reduce your costs and simplify management.
Areas to consider.
Core Licence Options
- Front Line Workers - enable the same security and collaboration features but without the more expensive 'power user' features.
- Small Business Users (up to 300 users) Microsoft 365 Business Premium is ideal for organisations up to 300 users.
- Larger organisations and EA - understand what existing licence agreements are in place and make the most of them and ensure they don't lapse.
- PSTN Integration to enable Teams Voice features
- Microsoft Project Integration
- Visio Online
- Power Apps
- Power BI
Our consultants can help you by making sure your users have the correct licences for their needs, reducing your costs as you grow your business.