Celebrating Customer Service Week 2021
It’s National Customer Service Week, and at Chess that’s a big deal.
2021 has been a challenging year for all. We’ve all had to respond to many unexpected circumstances during the pandemic. The rapid onset of home working led to transformational changes in our service, and we are continually rethinking and adapting to the changing world of work.
Our Customer Portal continues to be invaluable in helping customers manage their account online, and customers can self-serve 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Customers are at the heart of our business and throughout the week we will be highlighting the importance of the service we provide to them. We ask our people to think about how we can change or adapt processes to make our service even better, and we thank them for making Chess a great place to work, and a great place to be a customer.
Home working hasn’t stopped us having fun and more than ever we’re a One Team culture who know how to celebrate: Here’s a taster of what we have planned:
- Chess Dragons Den we’re asking our people to tell us about an idea to improve the service for our customers – finalists will present their ideas to the Chess Dragons.
- Customer Service Quiz a mammoth quiz for over 300 people hosted online over the 5 days.
- Recognition telling people how well they are doing is something we do every day at Chess, but this week we’re asking for some extra special love. We call it the ‘good deed feed’.
- Bake Off to round off the week we’ll be asking our star bakers to show off their cookies and we’ll be rewarding all our winners of the week with a range of Perkbox prizes.
If you are interested in finding out more about National Customer Service Week take a look at their website, there’s lots of great information and it’s a fantastic way to engage your own business in this great
A snapshot of our Service Improvements in 2021
Our Customer Survey told us there were improvements our customers wanted to see across all aspects of our business, and we're proud to be making changes in 5 key areas.
1. Ticket Communications
- Improved Customer Ticket Comms we are constantly improving and consolidating the content of the emails that our ticketing system sends to customers, when a ticket is created, updated, and closed. Improved emails will result in a more efficient experience for the customer. On Thursday 17 March we implemented new ticket responses, simplified to provide clear and consistent communication for customers, which should make them much easier to follow. Before a ticket is closed, customers will be asked if there is anything further that we can help with, we hope that this will reduce the frustration felt by some customers who report early closure of tickets. Customers can also use the option to re-open a closed ticket if they need more information.
- Portal Query Optimisations we have identified a number of areas where query execution times can be improved and the customer experience made even better.
2. Customer Portal Features
- Log in we are carrying out a review of the log in process again and the authentication process to see where we can make improvements. On Thursday 17 March we implemented new ticket email replies to make the tickets easier to follow at each stage. Feedback so far has told us that customers are finding the new system much clearer to follow. Our development team are scheduling work to include more features that will allow customers to add or remove select services.
- Notification Centre similar to the type found on social media sites and other online account management platforms. Notifications might include confirmation of an online payment, the results of a line check, notice of a price change, service outages, time-to-pay warnings etc.
3. Simplifying Your Bill
- More detail we are reviewing our invoices to see if we can itemise in more detail, change the settings to ensure that bills are attached, and we are looking at one bill for all services.
- Telephone Key Pad Payments customers can select an option from our phone menu, and pay their bill over the phone using their telephone keypad.
5. Technical Support
- Line Fault Checker and Broadband Fault Checker these new features for the Customer Portal allow customers to perform their own diagnostic tests to determine whether there is a fault on their line or with their broadband.