Chess are currently recruiting for a Technical Architect to join their Technical Architect team.
Location: Home Based | Business Area: Technical Architect | Salary: Up to £39,000 dependant on experience
An opportunity has arisen within our Professional Services Division for a Technical Architect with extensive cybersecurity experience. The successful candidate will be delivering a broad range of security solutions, covering both on premises and cloud platforms, to a wide range of Chess ICT clients across all sectors. The Technical Architect will be responsible for delivering all elements of digital transformation projects for clients including pre-sales, scoping, auditing, implementation, documentation & escalation support to UK based clients.
The successful candidate will work predominately from home, but will be required to travel and support clients UK wide. As the role involves travel, the candidate will require access to their own vehicle and a car allowance package will be provided.
Reporting into: Technical Architect Team Leader
Duties to include but not restricted to:
- Work closely with sales teams to translate key client business objectives into flexible and functional cybersecurity solutions
- Produce high level and detailed proposal documents & present to clients at both Executive and Technical levels
- Attend meetings in conjunction with account managers at client sites
- Organise resource, identify key deliverables, milestones and produce RAG reports
- Collaborate on service improvement and technical project design work streams that involve documentation, diagrams, logistical planning and client & vendor discussions
- Perform on-site installations, site audits and produce system deployment documentation
- Undertake and achieve accreditations in line with Chess ICT’s preferred partners & suppliers
- Assist the company in other areas in accordance with your skills and experience as deemed necessary by management
- Comprehensive cybersecurity systems architecture knowledge including Firewalls, Web/Email Filtering, DLP, SIEM, Network Access Control, Endpoint Protection and other security technologies
- Experience of public and private cloud architecture
- Experience in deploying into enterprise sized organizational infrastructure
- Technical systems design based on capacity planning & aligned to business objectives
- High degree of documentation & diagram skills
- Client facing qualities, including ability to articulate yourself well and talk at all business levels
- Organisational skills, including project management essentials
- Good understanding of the Microsoft technology stack, on premise & cloud
Skills & Qualities you will need to demonstrate:
- 5 or more years working in a senior IT role (3rd line support, project engineer, Technical Lead)
- Extensive understanding of cybersecurity and related technologies
- Experience of managing and deploying Endpoint Security products at an enterprise level
- Deep knowledge gateway security products including firewalls, email/web filtering and DLP solutions
- Good understanding of SIEM and NAC technologies
- Good understanding of authentication and Zero Trust
- Hold or currently working towards industry recognised security accreditations
- High level of literacy, both written & verbal
- Effective communicator and a well-articulated speaker
- Ability to work well independently & as part of a large team
- Experience in securing Microsoft Cloud technologies
- Mobile Device Management / Intune experience
- Hold a Microsoft Azure / 365 Certification (Fundamental, Associate, Expert)
- Understanding of the ITIL framework
- Demonstrate a positive attitude daily with your team
- Demonstrate a willingness to help your colleagues and customers
- Demonstrate high levels of professionalism
- Demonstrate a willingness to learn new technologies as they emerge
Basic salary: Up to £39,000 dependant upon experience
Benefits include: Pension, Health Care, Life Assurance, Loyalty Scheme, Salary Sacrifice Scheme, access to Mental Health support and new for 2020 – Perkbox. This gives you access to hundreds of 'Perks' giving you great discounts. Whether it be days out, your weekly food shop, a clothes shopping spree on the high street and many more.
Hours: 37½ hours per week Monday to Friday, normal office hours apply.
Holiday Allowance: 20 days paid holiday p.a. increased upon anniversaries, ultimately to 24 days p.a., plus public holidays.
“Play Your Part”
Our growth creates opportunity for everyone to progress their career, to develop knowledge and skill, to gain reward and recognition and to maximise their potential. The growth and success of our people ensures the growth and success of our business. We believe that “if you’re not growing, we’re not growing”.
If you are looking for a career that brings exciting challenges and opportunities, then Chess is the place for you.
Please email your CV and covering letter to our Recruitment Department at: firstname.lastname@example.org.