Chess are currently recruiting for a Technical Accountant to join their Finance team.
Location: Home Based | Business Area: Finance | Salary: Up to £45,000 dependant on experience
Chess are currently looking to recruit a Technical Accountant to join their Group Finance Team. This dynamic team includes individuals with a variety of experiences both in accounting practice and industry. There is a real focus on everyone taking ownership of their own role, whilst learning from each other’s experience to support individual personal development.
This role will report to our Financial Controller and is focused on our internal and external reporting and ensuring our policies and practices are aligned with our statutory requirements.
We are currently offering a flexible working company policy. Ad-hoc travel to offices within the group and other locations may be required on occasion.
Duties to include but not restricted to:
- Ensuring compliance with FRS 102 and other regulatory requirements in our policies and practices
- Key role in drafting statutory accounts and liaison with auditors
- Key role in corporation tax reporting and compliance and quarterly VAT reporting
Accounting Policies and Operational Processes
- Key role in reviewing and improving our accounting policies
- Assist in review and ongoing monitoring of processes and controls across the operational Finance team
- Provide technical input and support to the monthly reporting process
- Provide support in the management of the Finance team
- Involvement in acquisition financial due diligence
- Preparation of initial and ongoing accounting entries for acquisitions e.g. intangible asset valuation, deferred consideration calculation
Budgeting and Monitoring
- Cost reporting to monitor and investigate divisional performance against budget
- Monitor performance of acquisitions
Skills & Qualities you will need to demonstrate:
- Newly qualified – ACA
- Strong technical knowledge – preferably including acquisition accounting
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills – especially Excel
- Thorough approach and high attention to detail
- Strong analytical skills and ability to present financial information clearly
- Excellent interpersonal skills, both written and verbal
- Strong time management and organisational skills
Basic salary: Up to £45,000 dependant upon experience
Benefits include: Pension, Health Care, Life Assurance, Loyalty Scheme, Salary Sacrifice Scheme, access to Mental Health support and new for 2020 – Perkbox. This gives you access to hundreds of 'Perks' giving you great discounts. Whether it be days out, your weekly food shop, a clothes shopping spree on the high street and many more.
Hours: 37½ hours per week Monday to Friday, normal office hours apply.
Holiday Allowance: 25 days paid holiday p.a., plus public holidays. Holidays can also increase through loyalty points and buying/selling options.
“Play Your Part”
Our growth creates opportunity for everyone to progress their career, to develop knowledge and skill, to gain reward and recognition and to maximise their potential. The growth and success of our people ensures the growth and success of our business. We believe that “if you’re not growing, we’re not growing”.
If you are looking for a career that brings exciting challenges and opportunities, then Chess is the place for you.
Please email your CV and covering letter to our Recruitment Department at: firstname.lastname@example.org.