Systems Administrator – Team Lead
Chess are currently looking to recruit a Systems Administrator Team Leader
Location: Home Based | Business Area: Infrastructure | Salary: £Competitive – Depending on Experience
Reporting to the Head of Infrastructure and Systems, the Systems Administrator Team Leader will ensure the Internal Support team is managed effectively across the company and provides a high standard of service to our customers by managing your team’s workload and professionalism.
Duties to include but not restricted to:
To ensure the internal support team is managed effectively across all sites and provide a high standard of service to our customers by managing your team’s workload and professionalism.
- Manage the internal support team, monitor call volumes and updates on direct reports, act as a point of escalations as required.
- Support the internal team and help improve the professionalism and skillset of the whole department.
- To monitor call volumes and response times to ensure that service agreements are being met. If there is a shortfall, to look at how this can be solved.
- To provide an escalation point for management/users, and to manage the solution to its conclusion.
- To monitor and address recurring customer support issues/problem areas.
- Effective end-to-end problem management; analyse and identify call patterns; identify root causes and resolve root causes.
- To ensure that the support function operates within standard Chess ICT systems and that Chess operating procedures are adhered to. Also, to define and implement common systems where appropriate.
- Work with management to identify efficiencies within the technical department and implement, including reducing incoming cases and streamlining processes.
- Own and improve the transition and take on processes of new processes and systems.
- Ensure Team KPIs are met.
- Conduct monthly 121’s.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Microsoft Technical qualifications are desirable
- Windows Server 2003/2008r2/2012r2 installation and administration
- Active Directory design and administration including Group Policy
- Exchange Server 2007/2010/2013 installation and administration
- Office 365 deployment and administration
- Public, Private and Hybrid Clouds
- SAN and NAS technologies (HP and Fujitsu preferred)
- Scripting such as PowerShell, VBA, BASH etc.
- SQL 2005+
- Excellent organisational skills
- Robust people management and influencing skills
- Ability to work under pressure to tight timescales
- Excellent telephone manner
- Excellent communication skills
- Good logical/troubleshooting skills
- Excellent customer facing skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Experience in complaint resolution
- Demonstrate a positive attitude daily with your team.
- Demonstrate a willingness to help your colleagues and customers.
- Demonstrate high levels of professionalism.
- Demonstrate a willingness to learn new technologies as they emerge.
Basic salary: £Competitive – Depending on Experience
Benefits include: Pension, Health Care, Life Assurance, Loyalty Scheme, Salary Sacrifice Scheme, access to Mental Health support and new for 2020 – Perkbox. This gives you access to hundreds of 'Perks' giving you great discounts. Whether it be days out, your weekly food shop, a clothes shopping spree on the high street and many more.
Hours: 37½ hours per week Monday to Friday
Holiday Allowance: TBC in line with Salary offering
“Play Your Part”
Our growth creates opportunity for everyone to progress their career, to develop knowledge and skill, to gain reward and recognition and to maximise their potential. The growth and success of our people ensures the growth and success of our business. We believe that “if you’re not growing, we’re not growing”.
If you are looking for a career that brings exciting challenges and opportunities, then Chess is the place for you.
Please email your CV and covering letter to our Recruitment Department at: firstname.lastname@example.org or contact 0330 159 8038