Chess are currently recruiting for a Software Developer to join their Digital Development team.
Location: Home Based | Business Area: Digital | Salary: Up to £32,000 dependant on experience
Chess are currently recruiting for a Software Developer to join their Digital Development team based remotely in the UK, reporting directly to a Senior Developer Leader.
The successful candidate will have a proven track record of software development and project delivery skills, coupled with strong communication skills at all levels. You must be highly motivated with a strong desire to maintain and deliver business solutions to the highest standard. Working as part of an Agile development team operating within the Scrum framework, you will contribute to achieve goals set out by the Product Team.
This is a remote position and the successful candidate will be home based, however, there will be the option to work flexibly from one of our local hubs. Ad-hoc travel to offices within the group and other locations may be required on occasion.
Duties to include but not restricted to:
- Working to an established Scrum framework
- Participating in project estimation and pre-sales activities
- Assist the development team to translate client and internal business requirements into robust technical solutions
- Create, update and administer Product Backlogs
- Develop and implement new software solutions
- Support and enhance existing software and platforms
Skills & Qualities you will need to demonstrate:
- Minimum 2 years of experience with C#, .NET, MVC, SQL Server, RESTful APIs
- Strong HTML, CSS
- Experience of methodologies such as Scrum and Agile
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Goal oriented, responsible, proactive and independent
- Umbraco development experience
- Experience of Microsoft Azure/DevOps
- Microsoft Application Development competency
Basic salary: Up to £32,000 dependant upon experience.
Benefits include: Pension, Health Care, Life Assurance, Loyalty Scheme, Salary Sacrifice Scheme, access to Mental Health support and new for 2020 – Perkbox. This gives you access to hundreds of 'Perks' giving you great discounts. Whether it be days out, your weekly food shop, a clothes shopping spree on the high street and many more.
Hours: 37½ hours per week Monday to Friday, normal office hours apply.
Holiday Allowance: 25 days paid holiday p.a., plus public holidays.
“Play Your Part”
Our growth creates opportunity for everyone to progress their career, to develop knowledge and skill, to gain reward and recognition and to maximise their potential. The growth and success of our people ensures the growth and success of our business. We believe that “if you’re not growing, we’re not growing”.
If you are looking for a career that brings exciting challenges and opportunities, then Chess is the place for you.
Please email your CV and covering letter to our Recruitment Department at: firstname.lastname@example.org.