Senior Software Developer
Chess are currently recruiting for a Senior Software Developer to join their Digital Development team.
Location: Home Based | Business Area: Digital | Salary: Up to £60,000 dependant on experience
Reporting directly the Head of Internal Development, the successful candidate will have a proven track record and extensive experience in software development and project delivery. You will work with stakeholders and senior management to define software requirements and assume a technical lead role in their implementation and delivery.
You will possess a strong sense of initiative, be able to work independently as well as with other teams, demonstrate excellent organisation and communication skills, in addition to strong problem-solving and analytical skills. Utilising your hands-on experience and in software development and agile methodologies, you will develop and deliver high-quality solutions that are aligned with the needs of the business.
This is a remote position and the successful candidate will be home based, however, there will be the option to work flexibly from one of our local hubs. Ad-hoc travel to offices within the group and other locations may be required on occasion.
Duties to include but not restricted to:
- Work to an established SCRUM framework
- Promote and support the implementation of SCRUM / Agile methodologies
- Participate and take the lead in project estimation and pre-sales activities
- Translate client and internal business requirements into robust technical solutions
- Create, maintain and refine product backlogs
- Develop and deliver leading software solutions
- Support and enhance existing software and platforms
- Work with, design and develop microservices architectures
- Review and debug code
Skills & Qualities you will need to demonstrate:
- Very good understanding of software processes and the software development lifecycle
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Cloud Services (Azure) and Azure DevOps
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving capabilities
- Experience and knowledge of test automation
- Experience of methodologies such as SCRUM and Agile
- Clear understanding of emerging industry trends, standards and best practices
- Microsoft Application Development competency desirable but not essential
Basic salary: Up to £60,000 dependant upon experience.
Benefits include: Pension, Health Care, Life Assurance, Loyalty Scheme, Salary Sacrifice Scheme, access to Mental Health support and new for 2020 – Perkbox. This gives you access to hundreds of 'Perks' giving you great discounts. Whether it be days out, your weekly food shop, a clothes shopping spree on the high street and many more.
Hours: 37½ hours per week Monday to Friday, normal office hours apply.
Holiday Allowance: 25 days paid holiday p.a., plus public holidays.
“Play Your Part”
Our growth creates opportunity for everyone to progress their career, to develop knowledge and skill, to gain reward and recognition and to maximise their potential. The growth and success of our people ensures the growth and success of our business. We believe that “if you’re not growing, we’re not growing”.
If you are looking for a career that brings exciting challenges and opportunities, then Chess is the place for you.
Please email your CV and covering letter to our Recruitment Department at: firstname.lastname@example.org.