Senior Penetration Tester
Chess are currently recruiting for a Senior Penetration Tester to join their Cyber Security team.
Location: Home Based | Business Area: Cyber | Salary: Up to £55,000 dependant on experience
As a penetration tester for Chess Cyber Security, you will be expected to conduct formal tests and simulated attacks on web-based applications, networks, and other types of computer systems on a regular basis.
You will be able to use your technical skills along with industry applications / processes to identify weaknesses and report on the findings. This is a customer facing role and you will be dealing with a range of internal and external clients, it is important that anyone in this role is comfortable with dealing with these clients as well as the technical aspects of the role.
As part of the Chess Cyber Security team you will also be expected to be familiar with the other products and services offered by the organisation. Training on these will be provided.
This is a remote position and the successful candidate will be home based, however, there will be the option to work flexibly from one of our local hubs. Ad-hoc travel to offices within the group and other locations may be required on occasion.
Duties to include but not restricted to:
- Carry out application, network, systems and infrastructure penetration tests
- Review physical security, perform social engineering tests and phishing tests where appropriate
- Evaluate and select from a range of penetration testing tools
- Keep up to date with latest testing and ethical hacking methods
- Create Scope of Works documents for penetration tests
- Deploy the testing methodology and collect data
- Report on findings to a range of stakeholders
- Make suggestions for security improvements
- Enhance existing methodology material
Skills & Qualities you will need to demonstrate:
- Good understanding of network protocols
- Solid technical skills in both information security architecture and penetration testing
- Project planning skills
- A solid understanding of ethical hacking
- Scripting and programming experience is beneficial
- Ability to explain findings to non-technical professionals
- Excellent report writing and presentation skills
- Customer facing skills
- Able to work independently but also as part of a team
- Work with the engineering manager to develop new products and services
- Outstanding organisational and data analytics skills
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- CREST CRT or CREST CCT
- Other recognised security testing certifications such as (CHECK, TIGER, OSCP, GIAC)
- Previous penetration testing experience of systems, web-based applications and networks.
- Solid knowledge and experience of using a variety of penetration testing or threat modelling tools including open source and commercial
- Experience of threat reporting and assessing vulnerabilities
- Scripting skills are desirable
Basic salary: Up to £55,000 dependant upon experience.
Bonus: Approx £14,000 Cyber Engineering Bonus
Benefits include: Pension, Health Care, Life Assurance, Loyalty Scheme, Salary Sacrifice Scheme, access to Mental Health support and new for 2020 – Perkbox. This gives you access to hundreds of 'Perks' giving you great discounts. Whether it be days out, your weekly food shop, a clothes shopping spree on the high street and many more.
Hours: 37½ hours per week Monday to Friday, normal office hours apply.
Holiday Allowance: 25 days paid holiday p.a., plus public holidays.
“Play Your Part”
Our growth creates opportunity for everyone to progress their career, to develop knowledge and skill, to gain reward and recognition and to maximise their potential. The growth and success of our people ensures the growth and success of our business. We believe that “if you’re not growing, we’re not growing”.
If you are looking for a career that brings exciting challenges and opportunities, then Chess is the place for you.
Please email your CV and covering letter to our Recruitment Department at: email@example.com.