Senior ICT and UC Consultant
Chess are currently recruiting for a Senior ICT and UC Consultant to join their Professional Services Division.
Location: Home Based | Business Area: Professional Services | Salary: Up to £70,000 dependant on experience
An opportunity has arisen within our Professional Services Division for an ICT and UC focused Consultant with extensive technical, commercial and customer facing experience.
The successful candidate will deliver a range of consultancy packages in their area of expertise, to a wide range of Chess clients across all sectors. The Consultant will be responsible for supporting all elements of information security projects for clients including pre-sales, scoping, auditing, organising implementation, and documentation to UK based clients.
The successful candidate will work predominately remotely from home, but will be required to travel and support clients and other Chess offices UK wide. As the role involves travel, the candidate will require access to their own vehicle and a car allowance package will be provided.
Duties to include but not restricted to:
- Work closely with sales teams to translate key client business objectives into flexible and functional information security solutions.
- Produce high level and detailed proposal documents & present to clients at both Executive and Technical levels
- Work closely with the commercial team, play a key part in client and vendor discussions – designing, expanding or closing opportunities.
- Attend and present at meetings in conjunction with account managers at client sites or virtually
- Organise resource, identify key deliverables, milestones and produce RAG reports
- Collaborate on technical project design work streams that involve documentation, diagrams, logistical planning.
- Deliver chargeable consultancy packages in your area of expertise to support product strategy
- Perform site audits and produce system deployment documentation
- Undertake and achieve accreditations in line with Chess ICT’s preferred partners & suppliers
- Assist the company in other areas in accordance with your skills and experience as deemed necessary by management
Skills & Qualities you will need to demonstrate:
You will need to demonstrate:
- Comprehensive knowledge of the Microsoft suite of products such as Office/M365, Azure, Security and Teams (including Unified Communications), concepts, architectures and technical controls.
- High degree of documentation & diagram skills
- Thought leadership in Microsoft Modern Workplace
- Client facing qualities, including ability to articulate yourself well and talk at all business levels
- Organisational skills, including project management essentials
- An understanding of the of the Chess Products and services, their operation and implementation.
- Awareness of the latest trends in the Modern Workplace environment.
- 5 or more years working in a senior consultant type role.
- Technical skills in your area of expertise
- Application of commercial knowledge to enhance technology products and services
- Hold or currently working towards industry recognised accreditations eg Microsoft Essentials qualifications and Specialities
- High level of literacy, both written & verbal plus the ability to use Microsoft applications
- Effective communicator and a well-articulated speaker
- Ability to work well independently & as part of a team
Basic salary: Up to £70,000 dependant upon experience
Car allowance: £400 per month.
Bonus: Performance-based bonus to be paid quarterly when KPI’s and targets are met.
Benefits include: Pension, Health Care, Life Assurance, Loyalty Scheme, Salary Sacrifice Scheme, access to Mental Health support and new for 2020 – Perkbox. This gives you access to hundreds of 'Perks' giving you great discounts. Whether it be days out, your weekly food shop, a clothes shopping spree on the high street and many more.
Hours: 37½ hours per week Monday to Friday, normal office hours apply.
Holiday Allowance: 25 days paid holiday p.a., plus public holidays.
“Play Your Part”
Our growth creates opportunity for everyone to progress their career, to develop knowledge and skill, to gain reward and recognition and to maximise their potential. The growth and success of our people ensures the growth and success of our business. We believe that “if you’re not growing, we’re not growing”.
If you are looking for a career that brings exciting challenges and opportunities, then Chess is the place for you.
Please email your CV and covering letter to our Recruitment Department at: firstname.lastname@example.org.