Senior Financial Accountant
Chess are currently recruiting for a Senior Financial Accountant to join their Finance team.
Location: Home Based | Business Area: Finance | Salary: Up to £50,000 dependant on experience
Chess are currently looking to recruit a Financial Accountant to join their group Finance team. This dynamic team includes individuals with a variety of experiences both in accounting practice and industry. We a real focus on everyone playing their part and taking ownership of their own role, whilst learning from each other’s experience to support individual personal development.
This is a remote position, and the successful candidate will be home based, however, there will be the option to work flexibly from one of our local hubs. Ad-hoc travel to offices within the group and other locations may be required on occasion.
Duties to include but not restricted to:
- A key stakeholder in the preparation of statutory accounts and liaison with auditors
- VAT reporting and returns
- Companies House filings including confirmation statements and dormant accounts
- FCA returns
- Supporting corporation tax reporting and compliance
- Assisting with monthly reporting
- Cash forecasting
- Acquisition due diligence and accounting
- Monthly balance sheet reviews
- Involvement in commercial analysis
Skills & Qualities you will need to demonstrate:
- Pro-active, highly motivated individual who is committed to accuracy and strives for success
- Qualified (ACCA/ACA/CIMA)
- Strong technical accounts knowledge
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills – especially Excel
- Thorough approach and high attention to detail
- Strong analytical skills and ability to present financial information clearly
- Excellent interpersonal skills, both written and verbal
- Strong time management and organisational skills
Basic salary: Up to £50,000 dependent upon experience, reviewed annually in May.
Benefits include: Pension, Health Care, Life Assurance, Loyalty Scheme, Salary Sacrifice Scheme, access to Mental Health support and Perkbox. This gives you access to hundreds of 'Perks' giving you great discounts. Whether it be days out, your weekly food shop, a clothes shopping spree on the high street and many more.
Hours: 37½ hours per week Monday to Friday, normal office hours apply.
Holiday Allowance: 20 days paid holiday p.a. increased upon anniversaries, ultimately to 24 days p.a., plus public holidays.
“Play Your Part”
Our growth creates opportunity for everyone to progress their career, to develop knowledge and skill, to gain reward and recognition and to maximise their potential. The growth and success of our people ensures the growth and success of our business. We believe that “if you’re not growing, we’re not growing”.
If you are looking for a career that brings exciting challenges and opportunities, then Chess is the place for you.
Please email your CV and covering letter to our Recruitment Department at: firstname.lastname@example.org.