Sage Technical Engineer
Chess are currently recruiting for a Sage Technical Engineer to join their Technical team.
Location: Home Based | Business Area: Managed Services | Salary: Up to £32,000 dependant on experience
Chess ICT are currently looking to recruit, a determined and enthusiastic individual to join our technical team. As a Managed Service Provider we support a large number of clients in various markets, each with bespoke configurations. Our customers rely on us 24/7 and we always deliver against our customer promise.
As a member of our team, we will provide an ongoing training programme to sharpen your skills and keep them current.
Duties to include but not restricted to:
- Receiving all levels of Sage queries from our wide client base
- To follow all process and systems to manage and triage the queries, through escalation to completion and closure
- Where required liaise with other appropriate internal teams and external 3rd parties to, with use of the internal systems, tools and where required attendance at site to, complete or resolve queries
- Ensure that updates are documented clearly and communicated with the end user/organisation at all stages of the incident life cycle
- Where required perform incident management & reporting on complex issues
- Maintain agreed SLA’s and KPI’s
- Maintaining a high degree of customer service, professionalism and integrity
- Support the wider Chess team with mentoring and knowledge sharing
- Work to deadlines and adapt quickly to a fast-changing environment
Skills & Qualities you will need to demonstrate:
- At least two years of Sage Software support experience at Sage or a Sage Partner
- Good knowledge of Financial & Commercial modules
- Support for third party products for Sage such as Sicon, Draycir, Eureka etc.
- Excellent communication skills
- Proficient with SQL
- Full eligibility to work in the UK
- Ability to work independently
- Experience of Sage 200cloud Standard
- Knowledge of the Microsoft Power Platform
- Strong general IT knowledge
- Have excellent references
- Personable, well-presented, excellent verbal and written communicator
- Customer focused and pro-active with regards to fulfilling the clients’ requirements / expectations
- Enthusiastic and motivated
- Reliable and hardworking
- Good timekeeper
Basic salary: Up to £32,000 dependant upon experience.
Benefits include: Pension, Health Care, Life Assurance, Loyalty Scheme, Salary Sacrifice Scheme, access to Mental Health support and new for 2020 – Perkbox. This gives you access to hundreds of 'Perks' giving you great discounts. Whether it be days out, your weekly food shop, a clothes shopping spree on the high street and many more.
Hours: 37½ hours per week Monday to Friday, normal office hours apply.
Holiday Allowance: 20 days paid holiday p.a. increased upon anniversaries, ultimately to 24 days p.a., plus public holidays.
“Play Your Part”
Our growth creates opportunity for everyone to progress their career, to develop knowledge and skill, to gain reward and recognition and to maximise their potential. The growth and success of our people ensures the growth and success of our business. We believe that “if you’re not growing, we’re not growing”.
If you are looking for a career that brings exciting challenges and opportunities, then Chess is the place for you.
Please email your CV and covering letter to our Recruitment Department at: firstname.lastname@example.org.