Purchase Ledger Assistant Apprentice
Chess are currently recruiting for a Purchase Ledger Assistant Apprentice to join their Finance team.
Location: Alderley Edge | Business Area: Finance | Salary: Up to £12,000 dependant on experience
Chess are currently looking to recruit an Apprentice Purchase Ledger Assistant to join their Group Finance Team. This dynamic team includes individuals with a variety of experiences both in accounting practice and industry. They have a real focus on everyone taking ownership of their own role, whilst learning from each other’s experience to support individual personal development.
The successful candidate will be working from our Alderley Edge office with the option of working from home on occasion and report to the Payroll and Finance Team Leader.
Duties to include but not restricted to:
- Coding and posting purchase invoices into Sage 200
- Supplier statement reconciliations
- Managing the collation of invoices from different sources and distributing for authorisation
- Handling and tracking purchase order requests from across the business
- Dealing with supplier queries
- Some general accounts duties
- Maintaining Filing System
Skills & Qualities you will need to demonstrate:
- Attention to detail
- Clear understanding of accounting basics
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Ability to work within tight deadlines and be a flexible team member
- Reliable and hardworking
- Excellent timekeeping
- Organised and self-motivated
- Communicate in a confident manner
Basic salary: Up to £12,000 dependant upon experience.
Benefits include: Pension, Health Care, Life Assurance, Loyalty Scheme, Salary Sacrifice Scheme, access to Mental Health support and new for 2020 – Perkbox. This gives you access to hundreds of 'Perks' giving you great discounts. Whether it be days out, your weekly food shop, a clothes shopping spree on the high street and many more.
Hours: 37½ hours per week Monday to Friday, normal office hours apply.
Holiday Allowance: 20 days paid holiday p.a. increased upon anniversaries, ultimately to 24 days p.a., plus public holidays.
“Play Your Part”
Our growth creates opportunity for everyone to progress their career, to develop knowledge and skill, to gain reward and recognition and to maximise their potential. The growth and success of our people ensures the growth and success of our business. We believe that “if you’re not growing, we’re not growing”.
If you are looking for a career that brings exciting challenges and opportunities, then Chess is the place for you.
Please email your CV and covering letter to our Recruitment Department at: email@example.com.