Chess are currently recruiting for a Penetration Tester to join their Cyber Security Services.
Location: Home Based | Business Area: Cyber Security | Salary: Up to £60,000 dependant on experience
We are currently looking to expand our team of Penetration Testers at Armadillo Cyber Security Services, the latest acquisition to the Chess Company. As a Penetration Tester at Armadillo, you will be expected to conduct formal tests and simulated attacks on web-based applications, networks, and other types of computer systems on a regular basis.
You will be able to use your technical skills along with industry applications / processes to identify weaknesses and report on the findings. This is a customer facing role and you will be dealing with a range of internal and external clients; it is important that anyone in this role is comfortable with dealing with these clients as well as the technical aspects of the role.
This is a remote position, and the successful candidate will be home based, however, there will be the option to work flexibly from one of our local hubs. Ad-hoc travel to customer offices within the UK may be required on occasion, however, is typically a small percentage of the role.
Duties to include but not restricted to:
- Carry out high quality application, network, systems and infrastructure penetration tests to a consistent standard
- Evaluate and select from a range of penetration testing tools
- Keep up to date with latest testing and ethical hacking methods
- Author technical reports to summarise your findings.
- Report on findings to a range of stakeholders
- Make suggestions for service line improvements
- Previous penetration testing experience of systems, web-based applications and networks.
- Solid knowledge and experience of using a variety of penetration testing or threat modelling tools including open source and commercial
- Experience of threat reporting and assessing vulnerabilities
- Scripting skills are desirable
Skills & Qualities you will need to demonstrate:
- Excellent communications skills – both client-facing and working alongside peers.
- Good understanding of network protocols
- Solid technical skills in both information security architecture and penetration testing
- A solid understanding of ethical hacking
- Scripting and programming experience is beneficial
- Ability to explain findings to a non-technical audience
- Excellent report writing and presentation skills
- Customer facing skills
- Able to work independently but also as part of a team
- Outstanding organisational and data analytics skills
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- Experience in physical and telephone-based social engineering (desirable)
- CREST CRT, Tiger QSTM or Cyberscheme CTSM
- NCSC CHECK Team Member (CTM)
- SC Clearance held (or prepared to undergo clearance)
- Offensive Security OSCP – desirable
Basic salary: Up to £60,000 dependant on experience.
Benefits include: Pension, Health Care, Life Assurance, Loyalty Scheme, Salary Sacrifice Scheme, Mental Health support channels and access to employee benefits platform, Perkbox. This gives you access to hundreds of ‘Perks’ giving you great discounts. Whether it be days out, your weekly food shop, a clothes shopping spree on the high street and many more.
Hours: 37½ hours per week Monday to Friday, normal office hours apply.
Holiday Allowance: 25 days paid holiday, plus public holidays.
“Play Your Part”
Our growth creates opportunity for everyone to progress their career, to develop knowledge and skill, to gain reward and recognition and to maximise their potential. The growth and success of our people ensures the growth and success of our business. We believe that “if you’re not growing, we’re not growing”.
If you are looking for a career that brings exciting challenges and opportunities, then Chess is the place for you.
Please email your CV and covering letter to our Recruitment Department at: firstname.lastname@example.org.