Chess are currently recruiting for a Multimedia Designer to join their Marketing team.
Location: Home Based | Business Area: Marketing | Salary: Up to £30,000 dependant on experience
Reporting into the Head of Creative, you’ll be responsible for a wide range of creative outputs across the multiple Chess group brands, from campaign concepts, email design, videography and video editing, motion graphics, social media content, event branding and presentations. You’ll collaborate with designers, content creators, marketeers and key stakeholders to plan, craft and deliver the Chess Groups brand to world class standards and push boundaries.
This is a remote position, and the successful candidate will be primarily home based, however, there will be the option to work flexibly from one of our local hubs. Regular travel to our Alderley Edge office and other locations will be required frequently as part of standard duties.
Duties to include but not restricted to:
- Producing engaging graphics and images for use on social media, email, website as well as creating outstanding video content.
- Videography & photography in our Alderley edge head office or out on location at least once a month.
- Collaborating with marketing teams to determine appropriate visual, textual and animated elements of projects
- Creating engaging and user focused web pages across the suite of Chess Group websites
- Brainstorming with other multimedia designers, technicians, Directors, business analysts and other professionals on the project requirements
- Creating mock-ups based on the requirements and scope of the project
- Developing and producing multimedia pieces for use on websites, in multimedia presentations, and for interactive displays and events
- Performing in-depth research and gathering materials to create accurate animations and special effects
- Using design tools, animation software and recording equipment to create audio, text, animation, and visual effects
- Track all progress in our project management system
- Meeting regularly with stakeholders such as the art director and clients on the project report and other critical milestones
- Responding to the feedback of stakeholders with positive attitude
- Preparing artwork and media for final approval and distribution
Skills & Qualities you will need to demonstrate:
- We are looking for someone who is enthusiastic and pro-active with a ‘can do’ attitude.
- Significant design experience across a range of media and channels
- An impressive portfolio of work that exhibits your technical skill and creativity
- A passion and drive for designing creative campaigns
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of digital technologies
- Experience of working on large collaborative projects
- Experience using Marketo Marketing Suite
- Proficiency in the Adobe Creative Suite including Photoshop, Lightroom, Illustrator, InDesign, After Effects, Premiere, XD
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office including Powerpoint, Word and Excel
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- Strong planning and organising skills
- Knowledge of best practices in accessibility, user-centred, universal and mobile web design
- Knowledge of 2D animation and the creation of short video clips for advertising
- Good knowledge of Videography including Camera, lighting, audio set up
- You will be willing to go above and beyond to help achieve all of our growth goals.
- You’ll work well under pressure, rising to challenges and bringing enthusiasm and a ‘can-do’ attitude.
- As well as being creative, you’ll have an excellent eye for detail and not accept anything less than great.
- Hold a full UK driving licence
Basic salary: Up to £30k dependant on experience.
Benefits include: Pension, Health Care, Life Assurance, Loyalty Scheme, Salary Sacrifice Scheme, Mental Health support channels and access to employee benefits platform, Perkbox. This gives you access to hundreds of ‘Perks’ giving you great discounts. Whether it be days out, your weekly food shop, a clothes shopping spree on the high street and many more.
Hours: 37½ hours per week Monday to Friday, normal office hours apply.
Holiday Allowance: 20 days paid holiday p.a. increased upon anniversaries, ultimately to 24 days p.a., plus public holidays.
“Play Your Part”
Our growth creates opportunity for everyone to progress their career, to develop knowledge and skill, to gain reward and recognition and to maximise their potential. The growth and success of our people ensures the growth and success of our business. We believe that “if you’re not growing, we’re not growing”.
If you are looking for a career that brings exciting challenges and opportunities, then Chess is the place for you.
Please email your CV and portfolio to our Recruitment Department at: email@example.com.