Managed Security Engineer
Chess are currently looking to recruit a Managed Security Engineer to join a fast-paced and highly technical team, tackling the challenges of a constantly changing security landscape.
Location: Home Based | Business Area: Cyber Security | Salary: Up to £40k depending on experience
Reporting to the Security Managed Services Team Leader, as a Managed Services Engineer you will be providing first class support on the latest enterprise security solutions to Chess’s Managed Security customers.
You will be able to use your technical skills along with industry experience in customer support roles to enhance the Chess Managed Security service offerings. With a very large proportion of the role being customer facing the ideal candidate will be a confident communicator and be comfortable with dealing directly with a varied range of clients as well as the technical aspects of the role.
Duties to include but not restricted to:
- Managing and supporting the latest security products within our varied portfolio.
- Monitoring and investigating new and current threats to the security landscape, as well as responding to alerts from our customer’s managed systems.
- To provide a documented monthly review to customers of their service usage, solution performance and recommend security improvements.
- To be part of a team of specialists supporting large enterprise customers on a 24/7 rota.
- To produce high standard scoping documents for managed security customers and to ensure the solution offered is in-line with their requirements.
- To help maintain a full disaster recovery process for our customers managed security products and systems.
- To maintain and update customer systems with the latest firmware, software and security releases.
- To help develop and improve Managed Security process, infrastructure and documentation, bringing new experiences and ideas to the table.
- To document, manage and triage customer support cases using our in-house CRM solution and escalate, when required, with 3rd party vendors.
- To provide onsite customer support in rare occasions this is required.
- Undertake and achieve accreditations in-line with the Chess Managed Security product portfolio.
Skills and Qualities you will need to demonstrate:
- Good understanding of the latest network technologies and protocols including routing, VPNs, NAT, IP subnetting and SD-WAN.
- A solid understanding of the current security technologies and threats including next gen-firewalls, web/email proxies, SIEM and endpoint/mobile protection
- Solid technical skills in system administration in both Windows and Linux environments
- Scripting and programming experience is beneficial
- Ability to explain security related issues to non-technical professionals
- Excellent report writing and presentation skills
- Customer facing skills
- Able to work independently but also as part of a team
- Good organisational and data analytics skills
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced and changing environment
Any qualifications in the following areas would be an advantage.
- Microsoft Certifications (MCSE, MCSA etc)
- Vendor Certifications (Sophos, Forcepoint etc)
- Cisco CCNA or equivalent vendor network accreditation
Basic salary: Up to £40k depending on experience
Benefits include: Pension, Health Care, Life Assurance, Loyalty Scheme, Salary Sacrifice Scheme, access to Mental Health support and new for 2020 – Perkbox. This gives you access to hundreds of 'Perks' giving you great discounts. Whether it be days out, your weekly food shop, a clothes shopping spree on the high street and many more.
Hours: 37½ hours per week Monday to Friday
Holiday Allowance: 20 days paid holiday p.a. rising to 24 days upon anniversaries.
“Play Your Part”
Our growth creates opportunity for everyone to progress their career, to develop knowledge and skill, to gain reward and recognition and to maximise their potential. The growth and success of our people ensures the growth and success of our business. We believe that “if you’re not growing, we’re not growing”.
If you are looking for a career that brings exciting challenges and opportunities, then Chess is the place for you.
Please email your CV and covering letter to our Recruitment Department at: email@example.com or contact 0330 159 8038