Managed Security Engineer - Microsoft Cloud
Chess are currently recruiting for a Managed Security Engineer to join their Managed Security team.
Location: Home Based | Business Area: Managed Security | Salary: Up to £38,000 dependant on experience
Chess are currently looking to recruit a Managed Security Engineer to join a fast-paced and highly technical team, tackling the challenges of a constantly changing security landscape. This role reports into our Security Managed Services Team Leader and is home based.
As a Managed Security Engineer you will be providing first class support on Microsoft cloud solutions as well as other enterprise security products to Chess’s Managed Service customers.
You will be able to use your technical skills along with industry experience in customer support roles to enhance the Chess Managed Security service offerings. With a very large proportion of the role being customer facing the ideal candidate will be a confident communicator and be comfortable with dealing directly with a varied range of clients as well as the technical aspects of the role.
Duties to include but not restricted to:
- Managing and supporting Microsoft cloud solutions including Defender ATP and Azure Security related services.
- Supporting the latest security products within our varied portfolio.
- Monitoring and investigating new and current threats to the security landscape, as well as responding to alerts from our customer’s managed systems.
- To provide a documented monthly review to customers of their service usage, solution performance and recommend security improvements.
- To be part of a team of specialists supporting large enterprise customers on a 24/7 rota.
- To produce high standard scoping documents for managed security customers and to ensure the solution offered is in-line with their requirements.
- To help maintain a full disaster recovery process for our customers managed security products and systems.
- To maintain and update customer systems with the latest firmware, software and security releases.
- To help develop and improve Managed Security process, infrastructure and documentation, bringing new experiences and ideas to the table.
- To document, manage and triage customer support cases using our in-house CRM solution and escalate, when required, with 3rd party vendors.
- To provide onsite customer support in rare occasions this is required.
- Undertake and achieve accreditations in-line with the Chess Managed Security product portfolio.
Skills & Qualities you will need to demonstrate:
Required Skills & Qualities:
- Experience with Microsoft products including server technologies, Office 365, Defender and Azure including its related services.
- Good understanding of the latest network technologies and protocols including routing, VPNs, NAT, IP subnetting and SD-WAN
- A solid understanding of the current security technologies and threats including next gen-firewalls, web/email proxies, SIEM and endpoint/mobile protection
- Solid technical skills in system administration in both Windows and Linux environments
- Scripting and programming experience is beneficial
- Ability to explain security related issues to non-technical professionals
- Excellent report writing and presentation skills
- Customer facing skills
- Able to work independently but also as part of a team
- Good organisational and data analytics skills
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced and changing environment
Any qualifications in the following areas would be an advantage.
- Microsoft Certifications (Azure Fundamentals, Azure Security Engineer, 365 Security, MCSE, MCSA)
- Vendor Certifications (Sophos, Forcepoint etc)
- Cisco CCNA or equivalent vendor network accreditation
Basic salary: Up to £38,000 dependant upon experience
Benefits include: Pension, Health Care, Life Assurance, Loyalty Scheme, Salary Sacrifice Scheme, access to Mental Health support and new for 2020 – Perkbox. This gives you access to hundreds of 'Perks' giving you great discounts. Whether it be days out, your weekly food shop, a clothes shopping spree on the high street and many more.
Hours: 37½ hours per week Monday to Friday, normal office hours apply.
Holiday Allowance: 25 days paid holiday p.a., plus public holidays.
“Play Your Part”
Our growth creates opportunity for everyone to progress their career, to develop knowledge and skill, to gain reward and recognition and to maximise their potential. The growth and success of our people ensures the growth and success of our business. We believe that “if you’re not growing, we’re not growing”.
If you are looking for a career that brings exciting challenges and opportunities, then Chess is the place for you.
Please email your CV and covering letter to our Recruitment Department at: email@example.com.