Legal Counsel – Commercial Contracts
Chess are currently recruiting for a Legal Counsel – Commercial Contracts to join their Legal team.
Location: Alderley Edge | Business Area: Legal | Salary: Up to £50,000 dependant on experience
An opportunity has arisen to join our Legal Department as a Legal Counsel. The Legal Counsel will provide legal support to Chess’ to sales and commercial divisions and business leaders within the Chess Group being successful with and for our customers. This role requires a business minded solicitor who enables sales while protecting Chess’ interests and ensuring compliance with applicable laws and regulations. The role will report to the Senior Commercial Contracts Executive.
The Legal Department services the Chess Group across a variety of practice areas including commercial, corporate, litigation and regulatory. There is a real focus on everyone taking ownership of their own role, whilst learning from each other’s experience to support individual personal development.
The successful candidate will be working remotely at present, but it is expected that the successful candidate will be working from our Alderley Edge office whether full or part time when current restrictions have been lifted.
Duties to include but not restricted to:
- Drafting, negotiating, and advising on simple and more complex bespoke commercial contracts which particular focus being on Enterprise and Public Sector sales activity
- Providing ad hoc advice and support to the business in relation to compliance with contract conclusion processes and contract governance through the lifecycle of contracts
- Providing advice and support in relation to standard terms and conditions and other contractual documentation which has been implemented for use within the business
- Providing ad hoc advice in relation to legal or regulatory queries to team leaders in the business
- Assisting the Senior Commercial Contracts Executive and/or the Head of Legal where required with strategic project work such as implementing new product and service offerings or new legislation or regulations
Skills & Qualities you will need to demonstrate:
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in drafting and advising on commercial contracts
- Proven ability to draft and negotiate complex commercial contracts
- In depth knowledge of contract law
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to find sound commercial solutions to legal and commercial issues
- Articulate and persuasive communication skills
- Commercial awareness and understanding of strategic/commercial drivers affecting business decisions
- Ability to work under own initiative as well as part of a team
- Time management and organisational skills
- Highly motivated and pro-active
- Experience of supporting sales within a private and public procurement process
- Experience and knowledge of OFCOM General Conditions
- Experience and knowledge of Data Protection Law
- Relevant industry experience or in-house experience
Basic salary: Up to £50,000 dependant upon experience.
Benefits include: Pension, Health Care, Life Assurance, Loyalty Scheme, Salary Sacrifice Scheme, access to Mental Health support and new for 2020 – Perkbox. This gives you access to hundreds of 'Perks' giving you great discounts. Whether it be days out, your weekly food shop, a clothes shopping spree on the high street and many more.
Hours: 37½ hours per week Monday to Friday, normal office hours apply.
Holiday Allowance: 20 days paid holiday p.a. increased upon anniversaries, ultimately to 24 days p.a., plus public holidays.
“Play Your Part”
Our growth creates opportunity for everyone to progress their career, to develop knowledge and skill, to gain reward and recognition and to maximise their potential. The growth and success of our people ensures the growth and success of our business. We believe that “if you’re not growing, we’re not growing”.
If you are looking for a career that brings exciting challenges and opportunities, then Chess is the place for you.
Please email your CV and covering letter to our Recruitment Department at: firstname.lastname@example.org.