Junior Graphic Designer
Chess are currently looking to recruit a Junior Graphic Designer to join our Creative Team.
Location: North West | Business Area: Marketing | Salary:£18-23k
Chess are currently recruiting for Junior Graphic Designer to join their Creative Team, primarily home based with regular meet ups in our Alderley Edge office.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a recent graduate or Junior Designer to gain experience in a growing Creative Team. Working with the Head of Creative & other members of the Creative team, you’ll be designing visual assets for a variety of consumer, brand and B2B marketing campaigns. You’ll have a passion for incredible design and typography and superb attention to detail.
What you'll be doing:
- Create visually stunning and typographically rich designs that fulfil design solution
- Work under established design templates and frameworks to meet branding guideline standard and to deliver to short deadlines
- Maintain and defend Chess design standards by being a brand guardian
- Liaise with teams across the business, including sales and marketing teams as well as external agencies/suppliers to ensure project requests are delivered within a timely and efficient manner
- Support the planning of customer marketing activities across all channels.
- Contribute to the creation of marketing collateral; ensuring that content is focused on the challenges our customers face and how Chess can help solve them.
- To provide team and wider business with up to date information on industry trends, design developments and improvements to creative tools.
Skills & Qualities you will need:
- You’ll need to be confident in your ability to work to tight deadlines, and to deliver our signature brand of high quality, eye catching and attractive design, day in, day out.
- An outstanding portfolio demonstrating design and layout abilities, concepting and ideation.
- A ‘can do’ attitude to new challenges and taking ownership of requests.
- Excellent organisational skills, and the ability to work under your own initiative.
Ability to work well as part of a remote team with a focus on collaboration and sharing of ideas.
- Excellent knowledge of the principles of graphic design, typography, and demonstrable experience of practising from conception to execution.
- Excellent Knowledge of Adobe Creative suite including InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator and Acrobat for digital and print.
- Knowledge of printing process and standards.
- Knowledge of HTML and web design language.
- Ability to articulate and defend your design choices providing specific and high-level feedback to team members all the way to board level.
- A strong attention to detail. You’ll notice the little things, like odd spacing, colours that don't match and typos.
- Adobe Premier Pro
- Adobe After Effects
- Motion Graphic/Animation
- Adobe XD
*all applications must be accompanied with a link to a digital portfolio or examples of work, to be considered for this role.
Basic salary: up to £18k-£23k per annum, dependent upon experience.
Benefits include: Pension, Health Care, Life Assurance, Loyalty Scheme, Salary Sacrifice Scheme, access to Mental Health support and new for 2020 – Perkbox. This gives you access to hundreds of 'Perks' giving you great discounts. Whether it be days out, your weekly food shop, a clothes shopping spree on the high street and many more.
Hours: 37½ hours per week Monday to Friday, normal office hours apply.
Holiday Allowance: Minimum of 20 days paid holiday p.a. increased upon anniversaries, ultimately to 24 days p.a., plus public holidays
“Play Your Part”
Our growth creates opportunity for everyone to progress their career, to develop knowledge and skill, to gain reward and recognition and to maximise their potential. The growth and success of our people ensures the growth and success of our business. We believe that “if you’re not growing, we’re not growing”.
If you are looking for a career that brings exciting challenges and opportunities, then Chess is the place for you.
Please email your CV and covering letter to our Recruitment Department at: firstname.lastname@example.org or contact 0344 770 6000