Internal IT Project Manager
Chess are currently looking to recruit an Internal IT Project Manager to join their Digital team reporting to the Project Management Leader.
Location: Home Based | Business Area: Digital | Salary: Up to £40k depending on experience
Reporting to the Project Management Leader it is the role of the Internal Project Manager to coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for the flawless execution of Chess internal IT projects and support the development and delivery of our internal platforms.
Working closely with CTO and the Head of Internal Development this role will ensure business requirements for change are identified and captured accurately, and to ensure the smooth delivery of these changes to Chess’s internal platforms and systems. This will involve driving efficiencies for internal LoB applications and overseeing Infrastructure projects.
This will involve delivering and documenting the output from requirements gathering and scoping workshops, some system architecture design influence, business ROI evaluation and prioritisation, and the refinement of each of these processes throughout.
Duties to include but not restricted to:
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget
- Assist in the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility
- Delivering workshops and co-ordinating technical teams – jointly defining existing vs proposed system architecture and UI/UX flows
- Work with the Project Management Leader to ensure resource availability, allocation adherence
- Develop and maintain detailed set of tooling including project plans, process maps, flow diagrams etc to monitor and track progress
- Maintaining a detailed (ever evolving) product backlog for key internal systems and changes using Azure DevOps
- Manage changes to the project scope, project schedule and project costs using appropriate verification techniques
- Measure project performance using appropriate tools and techniques
- Report and escalate to management as needed
- Manage the relationship with the client and all stakeholders
- Establish and maintain risk management measures to mitigate project risks
- Establish and maintain relationships with third parties/vendors
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
- Meet with stakeholders to document detailed ordering briefs and clarify specific requirements for each project and product
- Track project performance, specifically to analyse the successful completion of short and long-term goals
- Perform other related duties as assigned
Skills and Qualities you will need to demonstrate:
- Proven working experience in IT project management
- Excellent client-facing and internal written and verbal communication skills
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multitasking capability
- Experience working within multi-disciplinary teams delivering software projects within a variety of methodologies (particularly Scrum/Agile)
- PSPO, PSM, Project Management Professional (PMP) or PRINCE II certification is a plus
- Bachelor's Degree in appropriate field of study or equivalent work experience
Basic salary: Up to £40k depending on experience
Benefits include: Pension, Health Care, Life Assurance, Loyalty Scheme, Salary Sacrifice Scheme, access to Mental Health support and new for 2020 – Perkbox. This gives you access to hundreds of 'Perks' giving you great discounts. Whether it be days out, your weekly food shop, a clothes shopping spree on the high street and many more.
Hours: 37½ hours per week Monday to Friday
Holiday Allowance: 20 days paid holiday p.a. rising to 24 days upon anniversaries.
“Play Your Part”
Our growth creates opportunity for everyone to progress their career, to develop knowledge and skill, to gain reward and recognition and to maximise their potential. The growth and success of our people ensures the growth and success of our business. We believe that “if you’re not growing, we’re not growing”.
If you are looking for a career that brings exciting challenges and opportunities, then Chess is the place for you.
Please email your CV and covering letter to our Recruitment Department at: firstname.lastname@example.org.