Debt Recovery Legal Manager
An opportunity has arisen to join our Legal Department as a Debt Recovery Legal Manager.
Location: North West | Business Area: Legal | Salary: Competitive basic salary
An opportunity has arisen to join our Legal Department as a Debt Recovery Legal Manager. The Debt Recovery Legal Manager will be responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of the debt recovery function of the Legal Department and will report to the Head of Legal.
The Legal Department services the Chess Group across a variety of practice areas including commercial, corporate, litigation as well as debt recovery. There is a real focus on everyone taking ownership of their own role, whilst learning from each other’s experience to support individual personal development.
The successful candidate will be working remotely at present, but it is expected that the successful candidate will be working from our Alderley Edge office whether full or part time when current restrictions have been lifted.
Your role will include:
- Supervising the day-to-day work and operations of the Debt Recovery Team
- Running your own caseload of debt recovery matters
- Maximising debt collection and ensuring financial targets are met within the department, both on a personal and team level
- Assisting junior members of the debt recovery team with their caseload; offering support and guidance where needed
- Producing management information as required by the Head of Legal
- Continually improving personal knowledge of the litigation and debt recovery process and being an expert in all matters and sharing this with the debt recovery team
- Assist with legal precedent management and improving internal processes and procedures in relation to the debt recovery function
- Working with other areas of the business to advise on areas for continual improvement
- Have prior commercial recoveries experience within a legal setting;
- Have prior experience of managing a small team within debt recovery;
- Have a comprehensive understanding of Contract Law and the Civil Procedure Rules;
- Have excellent time management skills and an ability to meet deadlines both in relation to your caseload and internal deadlines for management information;
- Be a team player and able to lead others
- Comprehensive knowledge of OFCOM General Conditions
- Relevant industry experience
- Experience of SAGE
Basic salary: £Competitive basic salary
Benefits include: Pension, Health Care, Life Assurance, Loyalty Scheme, Salary Sacrifice Scheme, access to Mental Health support and new for 2020 – Perkbox. This gives you access to hundreds of 'Perks' giving you great discounts. Whether it be days out, your weekly food shop, a clothes shopping spree on the high street and many more.
Hours: 37½ hours per week Monday to Friday
Holiday Allowance: 20 days paid holiday p.a. rising to 24 days upon anniversaries.
“Play Your Part”
Our growth creates opportunity for everyone to progress their career, to develop knowledge and skill, to gain reward and recognition and to maximise their potential. The growth and success of our people ensures the growth and success of our business. We believe that “if you’re not growing, we’re not growing”.
If you are looking for a career that brings exciting challenges and opportunities, then Chess is the place for you.
Please email your CV and covering letter to our Recruitment Department at: firstname.lastname@example.org or contact 0344 770 6000