Debt Litigation Solicitor / Legal Executive
Chess are currently recruiting for a Debt Litigation Solicitor / Legal Executive to join their Legal team.
Location: Alderley Edge | Business Area: Legal | Salary: Up to £35,000 dependant on experience
An opportunity has arisen to join our Legal Department as a Debt Litigation Solicitor. The Legal Department services the Chess Group across a variety of practice areas including commercial, corporate, litigation as well as debt recovery. There is a real focus on everyone taking ownership of their own role, whilst learning from each other’s experience to support individual personal development.
The successful candidate will be working remotely at present, but it is expected that the successful candidate will be working from our Alderley Edge office whether full or part time when current restrictions have been lifted.
Duties to include but not restricted to:
- Proactively manage a caseload of Small, Fast and Multi Track debt litigation from Pre-Action through to conclusion, including where required enforcement action
- Negotiating settlements using formal and informal ADR methods
- Attending hearings as a witness or as a representative
- Providing weekly and monthly reports in respect of your caseload
- Resolving complaints submitting to CISAS and where appropriate submitting a defence to CISAS
- Resolving claims issued against Chess and having conduct of the claims
Skills & Qualities you will need to demonstrate:
- Have a minimum of 3 years prior commercial recoveries and litigation experience
- Have a working knowledge of contract law and the CPR
- Be highly organised and have excellent time management skills
- Be able to work independently as well as part of a team
- Working knowledge of OFCOM General Conditions
- Industry experience
- Experience of SAGE
Basic salary: Up to £35,000 dependant upon experience.
Benefits include: Pension, Health Care, Life Assurance, Loyalty Scheme, Salary Sacrifice Scheme, access to Mental Health support and new for 2020 – Perkbox. This gives you access to hundreds of 'Perks' giving you great discounts. Whether it be days out, your weekly food shop, a clothes shopping spree on the high street and many more.
Hours: 37½ hours per week Monday to Friday, normal office hours apply.
Holiday Allowance: 20 days paid holiday p.a. increased upon anniversaries, ultimately to 24 days p.a., plus public holidays.
“Play Your Part”
Our growth creates opportunity for everyone to progress their career, to develop knowledge and skill, to gain reward and recognition and to maximise their potential. The growth and success of our people ensures the growth and success of our business. We believe that “if you’re not growing, we’re not growing”.
If you are looking for a career that brings exciting challenges and opportunities, then Chess is the place for you.
Please email your CV and covering letter to our Recruitment Department at: firstname.lastname@example.org.