Chess are currently recruiting for a Database Administrator to join their Internal Infrastructure and Systems team.
Location: Home Based | Business Area: Internal Infrastructure and Systems | Salary: Up to £40,000 dependant on experience
An opportunity has arisen to join our Internal Infrastructure and Systems Department as a Database Administrator reporting to our Head of Infrastructure and Systems.
The Database Administrator will ensure the performance, integrity, and security of the databases in use by the business, as well as troubleshooting database related issues on behalf of the users.
This is a remote position and the successful candidate will be home based, however, there will be the option to work flexibly from one of our local hubs. Ad-hoc travel to offices within the group and other locations may be required on occasion.
Duties to include but not restricted to:
- Install and maintain the performance of the database servers.
- Upgrade and manage database applications.
- Develop processes for optimizing database security.
- Set and maintain database standards.
- Manage Database access.
- Performance tuning of the database systems.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot database errors and issues.
- Recommend and implement emerging database technologies.
- Create and manage database reports, visualizations, and dashboards using PowerBI.
- Create automation for repeated database tasks.
- Ensure that storage and archiving procedures are functioning correctly.
- Carry our capacity planning.
- Manage the disaster recovery aspects of the databases.
Skills & Qualities you will need to demonstrate:
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Strong command of SQL and SQL server tools.
- Advanced knowledge of database security, backup and recovery, and performance monitoring standards.
- Understanding of relations and dimensional data modelling.
- PowerShell scripting skills.
- Familiarity with PowerBI.
- Familiarity with SSAS, SSIS and SSRS.
- Impeccable attention to detail.
- Three years’ experience in database administration, information technology or database architecture. (MySQL, MSSQL, MongoDB).
- MCSE/MCSA Preferred.
- Experience with Windows Server Environments.
- Experience with Cloud services a plus (Azure).
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Ability to work under pressure to tight timescales.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Demonstrate a positive attitude daily with your team.
- Demonstrate a willingness to help your colleagues and customers.
- Demonstrate high levels of professionalism.
- Demonstrate a willingness to learn new technologies as they emerge.
Basic salary: Up to £40,000 dependant upon experience.
Benefits include: Pension, Health Care, Life Assurance, Loyalty Scheme, Salary Sacrifice Scheme, access to Mental Health support and new for 2020 – Perkbox. This gives you access to hundreds of 'Perks' giving you great discounts. Whether it be days out, your weekly food shop, a clothes shopping spree on the high street and many more.
Hours: 37½ hours per week Monday to Friday, normal office hours apply.
Holiday Allowance: 20 days paid holiday p.a. increased upon anniversaries, ultimately to 24 days p.a., plus public holidays.
“Play Your Part”
Our growth creates opportunity for everyone to progress their career, to develop knowledge and skill, to gain reward and recognition and to maximise their potential. The growth and success of our people ensures the growth and success of our business. We believe that “if you’re not growing, we’re not growing”.
If you are looking for a career that brings exciting challenges and opportunities, then Chess is the place for you.
Please email your CV and covering letter to our Recruitment Department at: email@example.com.