Chess are currently recruiting for a Credit Controller to join their Customer Experience team.
Location: Home Based | Business Area: Customer Experience | Salary: Up to £25,000 dependant on experience
Chess are looking to recruit an enthusiastic and committed individual to join our Customer Experience Team. The successful candidate will report directly to the Customer Experience Team Leader.
This is a remote position and the successful candidate will be home based, however, there will be the option to work flexibly from one of our local hubs. Ad-hoc travel to offices within the group and other locations may be required on occasion.
Duties to include but not restricted to:
- Constantly focus on improving the customer journey and making Chess a great place to be a customer
- Ensuring the Direct Debit deadlines are hit each month
- Responsible for administration Direct Debits
- Achieving agreed service levels in line with our MSA
- Ability to carry out advanced troubleshooting activities and provide resolution to customer queries
- Initiation of the TOS / cease process in line with ‘time to pay’ communication
- Proactively chase customers regarding outstanding debt and manage any queries on the back off these calls.
- Managing various debtor ledgers
- Negotiating payment plans and settlement of outstanding debt
- Updating internal systems including CRM systems, Sage 200 and ledgers, statement reconciliation
- Provide support with allocation of payments to accounts and invoices
- Identify trends and root causes for repeated break downs, ensuring corrective actions are agreed and followed through into operational adoption and used
- Manage risks & issues which could prevent project success and undertake key stakeholder management
- Identify and justify the introduction of best practice processes and procedures for the future
- A thorough understanding of core Chess products and services
- Identify up-sell opportunities across the range of Chess products and services
- Any other reasonable request
Skills & Qualities you will need to demonstrate:
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Ability to work under own initiative as well as part of a team
- Ability to communicate effectively with team members and members of the Senior Management Team
- Analytical skills
- Can do attitude, thrives on problem solving and seeing the solution through to successful resolution
- Good computer skills
- Good literacy skills
- Experience in reporting and presenting
- Experience within the Telecoms Industry
- Familiarity with or accreditation of DMAIC methodologies and processes or equivalent – desirable
- Competent user of MS Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Project and Outlook
Basic salary: Up to £25,000 depending on experience
Benefits include: Pension, Health Care, Life Assurance, Loyalty Scheme, Salary Sacrifice Scheme, Mental Health support channels and access to employee benefits platform, Perkbox. This gives you access to hundreds of ‘Perks’ giving you great discounts. Whether it be days out, your weekly food shop, a clothes shopping spree on the high street and many more.
Hours: 37½ hours per week Monday to Friday, normal business hours apply.
Holiday Allowance: 20 days paid holiday p.a. increased upon anniversaries, ultimately to 24 days p.a., plus public holidays.
“Play Your Part”
Our growth creates opportunity for everyone to progress their career, to develop knowledge and skill, to gain reward and recognition and to maximise their potential. The growth and success of our people ensures the growth and success of our business. We believe that “if you’re not growing, we’re not growing”.
If you are looking for a career that brings exciting challenges and opportunities, then Chess is the place for you.
Please email your CV and covering letter to our Recruitment Department at: firstname.lastname@example.org.