Connectivity 1st Line Engineer
Chess are currently recruiting for a Connectivity 1st Line Engineer to join their Service Desk team.
Location: Home Based | Business Area: Service Desk | Salary: Up to £23,000 dependant on experience
Chess ICT are currently looking to recruit, a determined and enthusiastic individual to join our expanding Customer Experience team. This role will have a primary focus on 1st line Connectivity faults.
This is a remote position and the successful candidate will be home based, however, there will be the option to work flexibly from one of our local hubs. Ad-hoc travel to offices within the group and other locations may be required on occasion.
Duties to include but not restricted to:
- Excellent Customer Service skills
- Excellent communication skills on the phone and through the ticket system
- Picking up tickets logged through the customer portal.
- Taking customers through all first line checks and drive as much first time fix as possible.
- Logging quality tickets to our 2nd line team if unable to resolve first time.
- Liaise with and utilise support from suppliers, vendors and other partners as and when required
- Maintaining agreed SLA’s, updating ticket information as you work from diagnostics through to resolution following company processes
- Maintain high level of NPS and Bright survey feedback scores
- Maintaining a high degree of customer service, professionalism and integrity
- Producing and updating technical documentation
- To monitor and address recurring customer support issues/problem areas.
Skills & Qualities you will need to demonstrate:
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Ability to work under own initiative as well as part of a team
- Ability to communicate effectively with team
- Analytical skills
- Can do attitude, thrives on problem solving and seeing the solution through to successful resolution
- Good computer skills
- Good literacy skills
- Experience in reporting and presenting
- Experience within the Telecoms Industry
- Competent user of MS Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Project and Outlook
- Strong people and inter-personal skills and have the ability to communicate difficult and sensitive information
Basic salary: Up to £23,000 dependant upon experience
Benefits include: Pension, Health Care, Life Assurance, Loyalty Scheme, Salary Sacrifice Scheme, access to Mental Health support and new for 2020 – Perkbox. This gives you access to hundreds of 'Perks' giving you great discounts. Whether it be days out, your weekly food shop, a clothes shopping spree on the high street and many more.
Hours: 37½ hours per week Monday to Friday, normal office hours apply.
Holiday Allowance: 20 days paid holiday p.a., increased upon anniversaries, ultimately to 24 days p.a., plus public holidays.
“Play Your Part”
Our growth creates opportunity for everyone to progress their career, to develop knowledge and skill, to gain reward and recognition and to maximise their potential. The growth and success of our people ensures the growth and success of our business. We believe that “if you’re not growing, we’re not growing”.
If you are looking for a career that brings exciting challenges and opportunities, then Chess is the place for you.
Please email your CV and covering letter to our Recruitment Department at: email@example.com.