Cloud and Devices Support Team Leader
Chess are currently recruiting for a Cloud and Devices Support Team Leader to join their Managed Service team.
Location: Home Based | Business Area: Managed Service | Salary: Up to £40,000 dependant on experience
Chess ICT are currently looking to recruit, a determined and enthusiastic individual to join our Managed Service team as an Cloud and Devices Support Team Leader.
The individual will help ensure the 1st to 3rd line support engineers within the Cloud and Devices teams are managed effectively across all geographic sites and provide a professional managed service to our customers. They must understand and provide a service delivery management to Chess customers directly.
Reporting to our Head of Technical Services.
This is a remote position and the successful candidate will be home based, however, there will be the option to work flexibly from one of our local hubs. Ad-hoc travel to offices within the group and other locations may be required on occasion.
Duties to include but not restricted to:
- Manage the Cloud and Devices support teams alongside 2 other Team Leaders, monitor call volumes and updates on direct reports, liaise with sales/management regarding complaints and escalations as required. To ensure the smooth running of the technical Cloud and Devices support team.
- Extract service delivery data, provide a comprehensive narrative and represent Chess managed services both onsite with customers and via Sales Account Managers
- Provide guidance and mentoring within the team with the aim of rolling out standardised ITSM (IT Service Management) working practice and frameworks
- Understand and build in effective and robust incident management systems and documentation
- To provide an escalation point for management/sales/customers, and to manage the solution to its conclusion.
- Leverage our comprehensive data on customer systems to drive service improvement opportunities
- Support the 1st to 3rd line support engineers and help improve the professionalism and skillset of the whole department.
- To monitor call volumes and response times to ensure that service agreements are being met. If there is a shortfall, to look at how this can be addressed
- To monitor and address recurring customer support issues/problem areas.
- Effective end-to-end problem management; analyse and identify call patterns; identify root causes and resolve root causes.
- To ensure that the support function operates within standard Chess ICT systems and that Chess operating procedures are adhered to. To define and implement standardised systems where appropriate.
- To ensure that support work carried out outside of contractual obligations is captured and charged accurately and in a timely manner.
- Work with management to identify efficiencies within the technical department and implement, including reducing incoming cases and streamlining processes.
- Own and improve the transition and on-boarding processes into managed service.
- Ensure Team KPIs are met.
- Conduct monthly 121’s, manage rotas and leave and accurately record HR type events
Skills & Qualities you will need to demonstrate:
Collaborations and Relationships:
- With Service Desk Team Leaders – to accept and expedite escalation requests based on severity of issue
- With Technical Managers – assist in customer complaint resolution and resource/workload management.
- With Customer Experience - assist in customer escalations and customer complaints.
- With Sales – assist with customer queries and complaints and act as a point of escalation. With customers – support of key accounts, incident reviews, point of escalation.
- Support key customer accounts; point of escalation, weekly review of open cases, monthly visits.
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- Have excellent experience of both Windows and Apple desktop operating systems.
- Have excellent support experience and references
- Have excellent knowledge of:
- Network hardware (LANs & WANs) including servers, switches, firewalls, routers etc.
- Windows Server Operating System installation and administration
- Active Directory deployment / design and administration including Group Policy
- Exchange Server 2010/2013/2016 installation and administration
- Office 365 migration / deployment and administration
- Microsoft Azure deployment and administration
- Understanding of Public, Private and Hybrid Cloud environments
- Large scale Remote Desktop Services installation & administration
- Installation & administration of virtualisation platforms including VMware & Hyper-V
- Deep understanding of SAN and NAS technologies (HP/Nimble preferred)
- Firewall, network topologies, infrastructure and VPN Technologies including SSL services (Sophos & Dell SonicWall preferred)
- Switch administration & configuration (VLANs, trunks, stacking)
- Excellent organisational skills
- Good understanding of general ITSM/ITIL frameworks
- Robust people management and influencing skills
- Ability to work under pressure to tight timescales
- Excellent telephone manner
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent service delivery skills
- Good logical/troubleshooting skills
- Excellent customer facing skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Experience in complaint resolution
- Demonstrate a positive attitude daily with your team
- Demonstrate a willingness to help your colleagues and customers
Basic salary: Up to £38,000 dependant upon experience
Benefits include: Pension, Health Care, Life Assurance, Loyalty Scheme, Salary Sacrifice Scheme, Mental Health support channels and access to employee benefits platform, Perkbox. This gives you access to hundreds of ‘Perks’ giving you great discounts. Whether it be days out, your weekly food shop, a clothes shopping spree on the high street and many more.
Hours: 37½ hours per week Monday to Friday, normal office hours apply.
Holiday Allowance: 20 days paid holiday p.a. increased upon anniversaries, ultimately to 24 days p.a., plus public holidays.
“Play Your Part”
Our growth creates opportunity for everyone to progress their career, to develop knowledge and skill, to gain reward and recognition and to maximise their potential. The growth and success of our people ensures the growth and success of our business. We believe that “if you’re not growing, we’re not growing”.
If you are looking for a career that brings exciting challenges and opportunities, then Chess is the place for you.
Please email your CV and covering letter to our Recruitment Department at: firstname.lastname@example.org.