Business Development Manager - Partner Sales
Chess are currently recruiting for a Business Development Manager - Partner to join their Partner Sales team.
Location: Home Based | Business Area: Partner Sales | Salary: Up to £35,000 dependant on experience
Chess are currently looking to recruit an experienced field based Partner Business Development Manager to join their Wholesale Sales team within the Partner division.
The successful candidate will maximise Chess Partner Services margin and increase Partner penetration whilst maximising revenue from new and existing accounts, growing Chess Partner Services market share and ensuring Partner satisfaction at all times.
This is a remote position and the successful candidate will be home based, however, there will be the option to work flexibly from one of our local hubs. Ad-hoc travel to offices within the group and other locations may be required on occasion.
Duties & Responsibilities:
The key responsibilities are to achieve agreed monthly revenues through increasing gross profit from existing Partners, securing new Partners and through selling the range of products available to the company.
To be knowledgeable in relation to product specification, pricing and to keep fully informed in relation to product developments, new product introductions and competitive activities.
To create sales opportunities and to achieve gross profit levels while providing a courteous, professional and advisory service to all prospects in order to achieve a high level of Partner satisfaction.
Duties to include but not restricted to:
- Managing and developing a number of Wholesale and Billing accounts
- To work with existing Partners to maximise revenues while satisfying the Partners requirements
- To maintain and develop a relationship with each Partner to increase the opportunities of repeat business
- To achieve the monthly activity targets as set by management
- Prospect New Partners
- Producing quotes and gaining SMT approval for orders
- To accurately forecast business and to manage ongoing pipeline
- Production of business development plans with allocated partners
- Demonstrate our billing platforms to partners
- Prepare billing quotes and contracts
- To ensure all KPI’s are reported and achieved as set by your line manager
- Carry out billing account management calls to ensure partner satisfaction
- To operate with a strong commercial awareness in order to minimise exposure and ensure quality business is being generated and retained
- To communicate regularly and in a courteous manner with internal departments to ensure the smooth running of all accounts
- Manage product and Partner churn/administer any cancellation requests
Skills & Qualities you will need to demonstrate:
- Experience within the Telecoms Industry, preferably in the Partner/Reseller Channel
- A strong ability to present yourself and our brand
- A strong ability to build and maintain relationships
- A good underlying understanding of technology and telecoms industry
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills
- Problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to deliver results
- Planning and organising skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- To be able to explain technology solutions in plain English to non-technologists
- Open to learning new skills and adopting new knowledge
- Good organisation and administration skills
- Able to prioritise own work load
- Good communicator at all levels
- Will to win
- Positive attitude
- Excellent organisational skills
- Professional attitude
- Strong team player
- 2 – 3 years proven track record in sales
- Experience within a B2B telecoms sales role
Basic salary: Up to £35,000 dependant upon experience
Bonus/OTE: Attractive performance-based bonus to be paid monthly.
Benefits include: Pension, Health Care, Life Assurance, Loyalty Scheme, Salary Sacrifice Scheme, access to Mental Health support and new for 2020 – Perkbox. This gives you access to hundreds of 'Perks' giving you great discounts. Whether it be days out, your weekly food shop, a clothes shopping spree on the high street and many more.
Hours: 37½ hours per week Monday to Friday, normal office hours apply.
Holiday Allowance: 20 days paid holiday p.a. increased upon anniversaries, ultimately to 24 days p.a., plus public holidays.
“Play Your Part”
Our growth creates opportunity for everyone to progress their career, to develop knowledge and skill, to gain reward and recognition and to maximise their potential. The growth and success of our people ensures the growth and success of our business. We believe that “if you’re not growing, we’re not growing”.
If you are looking for a career that brings exciting challenges and opportunities, then Chess is the place for you.
Please email your CV and covering letter to our Recruitment Department at: firstname.lastname@example.org.