Chess are currently recruiting for a Business Analyst to join their Internal Development team.
Location: Home Based | Business Area: Internal Development | Salary: Up to £40,000 dependant on experience
You would be key to identifying business issues and inefficiencies. You need to be comfortable with breaking down pieces of work into meaningful work items which our Delivery and Development team can pick up. In practice, this could mean anything from holding requirements workshops, documenting business processes and workflows, capturing user journeys, working up wireframes, collating and sharing user research feedback, and writing user stories and acceptance criteria. You'll need to be comfortable with the requirements discovery and workshopping process.
That is, working closely with the with our Delivery and Technical leads to figure out how ideas could best be realised - with a focus on meeting our commercial and client needs. It is essential that you can understand the technical development processes and frameworks to successfully communicate with the relevant teams. You will ensure accurate capturing, interpretation, prioritisation and validation of our technical expectations and requirements.
This is a remote position, and the successful candidate will be home based, however, there will be the option to work flexibly from one of our local hubs. Ad-hoc travel to offices within the group and other locations may be required on occasion.
Duties to include but not restricted to:
- Collaborate with Product and Delivery teams to ensure the delivery of products and new features to a high standard, within agreed timescales and budgets
- Manage assigned change controls to ensure changes to business processes are compliant and delivered on time
- Helping to shape and define team practices and processes to continually improve agile ways of working
- Working with the business to develop new processes to support the growth of the organisation
- Responsible for the product's transition to ‘live' environments, including capturing and monitoring audience feedback and usage data
- Liaising with internal/external customers to analyse business procedures, clarify internal and client requirements and defining the scope for existing systems and processes
- Mapping existing business models and flows of data, and designing functional specifications and test plans for new systems to meet both company and client requirements
- Evaluate information gathered, reconcile conflicts and be able to prioritise requests aligned with underlying requirements of the business
- Fully responsible for ensuring that solution design and development are proactively communicated to all stakeholders in a timely and transparent fashion
- Be the liaison between the business units and 3rd party business partners, evaluating new tech that is relevant to our future
- Accountable for the relevant business units or 3rd party providers that have partial or full responsibility of ongoing/live projects, this should include, coaching, guidance and workload management
- Provide successful co-ordination of business units across multiple (often disparate) teams.
Skills & Qualities you will need to demonstrate:
- Experience working within multi-disciplinary teams delivering software projects within a variety of methodologies (particularly Agile)
- Experience in providing relevant data to support product decisions based on evidence
- Ability to simplify complex problems into component parts and evaluate systematically
- Experience of initiating and facilitating workshops, particularly during Discovery stages
- Experience of communicating concepts and ideas to stakeholders at all levels within organisations, including oral and written presentations, proposals and reports.
- Proven ability to influence decision-making at all levels within an organisation, in a variety of contexts
- Experience of influencing stakeholders at all levels
- Experience with gathering, analysing and interpreting product usage data
- Enthusiasm, curiosity and a desire to improve the team
- Experience of working in Research & Development, particularly in Product Development
- An understanding of business CRM style systems that store and process company customer, product, sales and ticketing details
- Agile methodology accreditation
- BCS Diploma in Business Analysis (ISEB) practitioner level or above
- Use of requirement management and collaboration tools, in particular, Microsoft 365 tools such as DevOps, SharePoint and teams
Basic salary: Up to £40,000 dependant upon experience
Benefits include: Pension, Health Care, Life Assurance, Loyalty Scheme, Salary Sacrifice Scheme, access to Mental Health support and new for 2020 – Perkbox. This gives you access to hundreds of 'Perks' giving you great discounts. Whether it be days out, your weekly food shop, a clothes shopping spree on the high street and many more.
Hours: 37½ hours per week Monday to Friday, normal office hours apply.
Holiday Allowance: 20 days paid holiday p.a. increased upon anniversaries, ultimately to 24 days p.a., plus public holidays.
“Play Your Part”
Our growth creates opportunity for everyone to progress their career, to develop knowledge and skill, to gain reward and recognition and to maximise their potential. The growth and success of our people ensures the growth and success of our business. We believe that “if you’re not growing, we’re not growing”.
If you are looking for a career that brings exciting challenges and opportunities, then Chess is the place for you.
Please email your CV and covering letter to our Recruitment Department at: firstname.lastname@example.org.