Chess are currently recruiting for a Bid Writer to join their Commercial team.
Location: Home Based | Business Area: Commercial | Salary: Up to £40,000 dependant on experience
Chess is currently looking to recruit a Bid Writer to join their group Commercial team reporting to the Commercial Bid Lead. This dynamic team includes individuals with a variety of experiences both in Vendor engagement and across the industry. They have a real focus on everyone taking ownership of their own role, whilst learning from each other’s experience to support individual personal development. The role is key within the business and interfaces with all departments along with both vendors and customers.
This is a remote position, and the successful candidate will be home based, however, there will be the option to work flexibly from one of our local hubs. Ad-hoc travel to offices within the group and other locations may be required on occasion.
Duties to include but not restricted to:
Duties to include but not restricted to:
- The successful candidate will be responsible for the writing, production and submission of timely, high quality and ultimately successful Bids
- Ensure Bid responses align with the Bid win strategy and value proposition
- Identify and re-work pre-written content where relevant
- Review and edit responses from stakeholders including Sales, Technical, Commercial and Delivery
- Maintain and update a Bid content knowledge base for re-use
- Post Bid submission support including assisting with win / loss reviews, Bid presentations
- Support the Commercial team with workload planning, bid forecasting, cost and win / loss tracking & reporting
- Work closely with Subject Matter Experts, technical and commercial leads within Chess and partners to develop compelling written responses.
- Knowledge of enterprise/infrastructure architecture
The objectives for the role are as follows:
Performance - Measure, manage and consistently achieve targets across the bid writing function
People - Continuously improve knowledge across the Group
Relationships - Develop and nurture strong strategic relationships with stakeholders and internal departments
Compliance - Ensure we consider all applicable Customer, legal, ethical and regulatory requirements
The role offers future progression opportunities as the wider group continues to grow.
Skills & Qualities you will need to demonstrate:
- Experience writing winning Bids and Proposals in an environment such as IT, Security, Digital and Telecoms
- Strong time management and organisational skills
- Positive collaborative behaviours, promoting engagement and knowledge share
- Ability to communicate at all levels of an organisation
- Visible ownership and accountability, encouraging this in others
- Demonstrable bid wins and best practice
- Ability to plan and prioritise workload efficiently and successfully perform duties under pressure
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Team player but able to work on own initiative
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to work under pressure
- Advanced MS Word skills & proficient in MS Office
- Hold APMP foundation accreditation
- Understanding of the competitive environment
- InDesign Skills an advantage
Basic salary: Up to £40,000 dependant upon experience.
Benefits include: Pension, Health Care, Life Assurance, Loyalty Scheme, Salary Sacrifice Scheme, access to Mental Health support and new for 2020 – Perkbox. This gives you access to hundreds of 'Perks' giving you great discounts. Whether it be days out, your weekly food shop, a clothes shopping spree on the high street and many more.
Hours: 37½ hours per week Monday to Friday, normal office hours apply.
Holiday Allowance: 20 days paid holiday p.a. increased upon anniversaries, ultimately to 24 days p.a., plus public holidays.
“Play Your Part”
Our growth creates opportunity for everyone to progress their career, to develop knowledge and skill, to gain reward and recognition and to maximise their potential. The growth and success of our people ensures the growth and success of our business. We believe that “if you’re not growing, we’re not growing”.
If you are looking for a career that brings exciting challenges and opportunities, then Chess is the place for you.
Please email your CV and covering letter to our Recruitment Department at: firstname.lastname@example.org.