Chess are currently recruiting for an Associate/Junior Developer to join their Digital Billing team.
Location: Home Based | Business Area: Digital | Salary: Up to £27,500 dependant on experience
An opportunity has arisen within our Partner division for an Associate/Junior Developer to join our team in Abingdon.
We are seeking an enthusiastic and talented candidate to join our growing development and billing team. You must be highly motivated with a strong desire to maintain and implement business solutions to the highest standard, whilst working on our internally developed billing platform. You will be actively involved in our day-to-day processes, carrying out regular billing and invoice runs, alongside development duties.
This would be an excellent opportunity for a technical minded candidate, who is looking for a first job in the industry or is keen to learn and build up their skillset.
Reporting to our Billing & Development Leader.
Duties to include but not restricted to:
- Works to established SCRUM framework
- Interact directly with product stakeholders to discover and document requirements
- Ability to translate client and internal business requirements into technical solutions
- Develop and implement new solutions
- Support and enhance existing solutions
- Carry out daily billing procedures
- Perform monthly invoicing runs to an agreed schedule
- Generating and circulating reports; performing database adjustments and data manipulation
- Monitor a support inbox, and work to solve issues raised by the other departments within the company
Skills & Qualities you will need to demonstrate:
- Degree in Computer Science or related subject is desirable, but candidates with industry experience or a demonstrable self-taught skills also considered
- Good understanding of windows-based systems and databases
- Any skills or knowledge in the following areas would be beneficial:
o SQL Server
o .NET (C# / ASP)
o HTML & CSS
o Crystal Reports
Basic salary: Up to £27,500 Dependant upon experience.
Benefits include: Pension, Health Care, Life Assurance, Loyalty Scheme, Salary Sacrifice Scheme, access to Mental Health support and new for 2020 – Perkbox. This gives you access to hundreds of 'Perks' giving you great discounts. Whether it be days out, your weekly food shop, a clothes shopping spree on the high street and many more.
Hours: 37½ hours per week Monday to Friday, normal office hours apply.
Holiday Allowance: 20 days paid holiday p.a. increased upon anniversaries, ultimately to 24 days p.a., plus public holidays.
“Play Your Part”
Our growth creates opportunity for everyone to progress their career, to develop knowledge and skill, to gain reward and recognition and to maximise their potential. The growth and success of our people ensures the growth and success of our business. We believe that “if you’re not growing, we’re not growing”.
If you are looking for a career that brings exciting challenges and opportunities, then Chess is the place for you.
Please email your CV and covering letter to our Recruitment Department at: firstname.lastname@example.org.