Broadband Migration - Frequently Asked Questions - June 2021
1. Why are you changing my broadband connection?
We're upgrading your broadband service as part of our ongoing improvement programme to ensure we have a future proof management platform which offers faster diagnostics and a range of broadband products designed to help your business stay ahead.
2. When will my broadband connection upgrade?
We have advised you by email – this is referred to as your ‘Install Date’ and you will need to replace your new router before this date.
3. Will my broadband still work if I don’t change to the new router?
No, your existing broadband will stop working if you don’t change the router before the date you have been given.
4. Is the new router a different brand and specification to my old one?
Yes, the new router is a Zyxel router and is fibre compatible. It will offer similar benefits and better functionality than your existing router.
5. Is there a specific time that I should change my router?
You can change your router at any time before the date you have been given. Refer to the leaflet in the router box for installation instructions.
6. Will there be any work carried out at my premises?
No, all work will be carried out at your local telephone exchange by Openreach. Openreach is the company that maintains the UK phone and broadband lines.
7. When will I receive my new router?
You should receive this in the next few days.
8. Will I have to do anything to the settings on my new router?
Your new router will be pre-configured with new connection settings updated within the router. A copy of your new connection settings will be included in the new router box.
*Please note if you have added personal settings on your old router, then you will need to update these settings on your new router.
9. How do I replace the router?
If you are unsure of how to replace the router, please follow the step by step instructions included in the router box.
10. What about my IP address?
You will have been informed separately if your IP address is changing. Please refer to the information sent to you recently relating to your specific account and the Broadband Service Improvement Programme.
Please note any additional external services that rely on personal settings that your old router may contain will need to be changed by you.
11. What do I do with the old router?
Please arrange for your existing router to be disposed of through your local recycling facilities.
12. Is the new broadband service going to cost more money?
No, there won’t be any additional charge and you will receive a new fibre compatible broadband router, free of charge.
13. Do you have a question that hasn’t been answered here?
Please get in touch with our Customer Service Team by calling them on 03301 280690.