The ongoing battle against cybercrime and breaches requires focus from businesses of all sizes and sectors, leveraging the security features offered by software applications and platforms.
Top concerns include how to:
- Detect suspicious activity and threats quickly
- Safeguard emails using advanced threat protection
- Protect device endpoints
- Report with insights into who is being targeted
- Manage data protection and compliance needs
Microsoft 365, bringing together Office 365, Windows 10, and Enterprise Mobility + Security (EMS), aims to provide a secure and easy to manage platform for a modern workplace while empowering employee creativity and teamwork.
Microsoft 365 Business security features are managed via the admin centre, where you're also able to:
- Set application management settings for Android or iOS devices, including:
- deleting files from an inactive device after a set period
- encrypting work files
- requiring that users set a PIN, etc.
- Set application protection settings for Windows 10 devices .
- applied to company data on both company-owned, or personally-owned devices.
- Set device protection settings for Windows 10 devices .
- Enable BitLocker encryption to help protect data in case a device is lost or stolen, and enable Windows Exploit Guard to provide advanced protection against ransomware.
- Remove company data from devices
- Remotely wipe company data if a device is lost, stolen, or an employee leaves your company.
- Reset Windows 10 devices to their factory settings .
Additional security features include:
- Office 365 Advanced Threat Protection
- Helping guard your business against phishing and ransomware attacks designed to compromise employee or customer information.
- The full capabilities of Intune in the Azure portal
- Overview of data loss prevention policies (DLP).
- Exchange Online Archiving
- Azure Information Protection
- Helping you control access to sensitive information in email and documents with controls like "Do not forward" and "Do not copy." You can also classify sensitive information as "Confidential" and specify how classified information can be shared outside and inside the business.