ICT Technical Field Engineer
Chess ICT are currently looking to recruit, a determined and enthusiastic individual to join our technical team.
Location: Nationwide | Business Area: ICT | Salary: £xx-xxk
As an MSP we support a large number of clients in various markets, each with bespoke configurations. Our customers rely on us 24/7 and we always deliver against our customer promise.
As a member of our team, we will provide an ongoing training programme to sharpen your skills and keep them current.
Chess are one of the UK’s leading Voice, Connect, Cloud and Digital solution providers, helping over 100,000 businesses grow through innovative technology and expert advice.
Not only do we pride ourselves on our award-winning service, we are extremely proud to be 1st in ‘The Sunday Times 100 Best Companies to Work for’ list 2018 after 11 consecutive years in the top 100.
Duties to include but not restricted to:
- Receiving all levels of ICT queries from our wide client base and internal teams
- To follow all process and systems to manage and triage the queries, through escalation to completion and closure
- Where required liaise with other appropriate internal teams and external 3rd parties to, with use of the internal systems, tools and where required attendance at site to, complete or resolve queries
Review forward bookings to ensure you are at the right locations at the agreed times to complete pre planned bookings.
- Ensure that updates are documented clearly and communicated with the end user/organisation at all stages of the incident life cycle
- Where required perform incident management & reporting on complex issues
- Where required complete technical documentation and infrastructure audits
- Maintain agreed SLA’s and KPI’s
- Maintaining a high degree of customer service, professionalism, and integrity
- Support the wider Chess team with mentoring and knowledge sharing
- Work to deadlines and adapt quickly to a fast-changing environment
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- Full Clean UK Driver’s License
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows desktop systems in a business environment
- Knowledge of Microsoft cloud platforms and applications such as Microsoft Office, Microsoft 365, Microsoft Teams etc.
- Knowledge of networking infrastructure components
- Knowledge of trouble shooting and diagnostic techniques
- Proven experience of Microsoft Windows desktop operating systems and services
- Proven experience of Microsoft Windows Servers operating systems and services
- Proven experience of business level network devices, topology, and troubleshooting
- Proven experience of Microsoft desktop and cloud applications
- Experience in administration of Microsoft Cloud platforms such as Microsoft Office 365 and Azure
- Experience of common business applications and trouble shooting
- Experience of Server and Workstation hardware, repair and diagnostics
OR have excellent knowledge of
- Network hardware (LANs & WANs) including servers, switches, firewalls, routers etc.
- Windows Server Operating System installation, administration and trouble shooting
- Windows Desktop Operating System installation, administration and trouble shooting
- Active Directory deployment / design and administration including Group Policy
- Exchange Server installation and administration
- Office 365 migration / deployment and administration
- Microsoft Azure deployment and administration
- Understanding of Public, Private and Hybrid Cloud environments
- Large scale Remote Desktop Services installation & administration
- Installation & administration of virtualisation platforms including VMware & Hyper-V
- Experience of a support desk environment, ideally with in an MSP
- Microsoft Cloud technologies – eg. Azure, Autopilot
- Sophos endpoint software
- Sophos Hardware such as XG firewalls
- Network software including TCP/IP, DNS and DHCP protocols
- Back up and replication technologies (Veeam is highly advantageous)
- Scripting such as PowerShell, VBA
- SQL Server product stack
- VMware & Hyper-V deep troubleshooting
- Full Clean UK Drivers License
- Have excellent references
- Personable, well-presented, excellent verbal and written communicator
- Customer focused and pro-active with regards to fulfilling the clients’ requirements / expectations
- Enthusiastic and motivated
- Reliable and hardworking
- Good timekeeper
- Prepared to work out of hours / on 24x7 call when required (additional benefits offered)
“Play Your Part”
Our growth creates opportunity for everyone to progress their career, to develop knowledge and skill, to gain reward and recognition and to maximise their potential. The growth and success of our people ensures the growth and success of our business. We believe that “if you’re not growing, we’re not growing”.
If you are looking for a career that brings exciting challenges and opportunities, then Chess is the place for you.
Please email your CV and covering letter to our Recruitment Department at: email@example.com or contact 0844 770 6000