Location: Home Based | Business Area: Technical Team | Salary: Up to £28,000
As an MSP we support a large number of clients in various markets, each with bespoke configurations. Our customers rely on us 24/7 and we always deliver against our customer promise.
As a member of our team, we will provide an ongoing training programme to sharpen your skills and keep them current.
This is a remote based position, and the successful candidate will be home based, however, there will be the option to work flexibly from one of our local hubs. Ad-hoc travel to offices within the group and other locations may be required on occasion. There is also an expectation for our engineers to travel to customer sites in the event we’re unable to remedy technical issues remotely.
- Receiving all levels of ICT queries from our wide client base and internal teams
- To follow all process and systems to manage and triage the queries, through escalation to completion and closure
- Where required liaise with other appropriate internal teams and external 3rd parties to, with use of the internal systems, tools and where required attendance at site to, complete or resolve queries
- Ensure that updates are documented clearly and communicated with the end user/organisation at all stages of the incident life cycle
- Where required perform incident management & reporting on complex issues
- Where required complete technical documentation and infrastructure audits
- Maintain agreed SLA’s and KPI’s
- Maintaining a high degree of customer service, professionalism and integrity
- Support the wider Chess team with mentoring and knowledge sharing
- Work to deadlines and adapt quickly to a fast-changing environment
- Network hardware (LANs & WANs) including servers, switches, firewalls, routers etc.
- Windows Server Operating System administration and troubleshooting
- Windows Desktop Operating System installation, administration, and troubleshooting
- Active Directory support and administration including Group Policy
- Office 365 support and administration
- Microsoft Azure support and administration
- Understanding of Public, Private and Hybrid Cloud environments
- Administration of Remote Desktop Services
- Administration of virtualisation platforms including VMware & Hyper-V
- Experience of a support desk environment, ideally within an MSP
- Microsoft Cloud technologies – e.g. Azure, Autopilot
- Sophos endpoint software
- Cisco/Sophos Firewall/Router experience
- Network software including TCP/IP, DNS and DHCP protocols
- Backup and replication technologies
- Scripting such as PowerShell, VBA
- SQL Server product stack
- VMware & Hyper-V deep troubleshooting
- Full Clean UK Drivers License
- Have excellent references
- Personable, well-presented, excellent verbal and written communicator
- Customer focused and pro-active with regards to fulfilling the clients’ requirements / expectations
- Enthusiastic and motivated
- Reliable and hardworking
- Good timekeeper
- Prepared to work out of hours / on 24x7 call when required (additional benefits offered)
Salary details: Up to £28,000 depending on experience.
- Health care support – UK Healthcare, eye tests, flu jabs, onsite health screens
- Enhanced Pay: Maternity, Paternity, Adoption Leave and Shared Parental Leave
- Access to employee benefits, rewards and recognition platform, Perkbox. This gives you access to hundreds of ‘Perks’ with great discounts. Whether it be days out, your weekly food shop, a clothes shopping spree on the high street and many more.
- Hybrid working support - Allowance towards a home desk and chair
- Loyalty point scheme – allowing you to use your points to increase your benefits each year
- Access to our Future Fit benefits package – including Mental, Physical and Financial support
- 20 days paid holiday p.a. increased upon anniversaries, ultimately to 24 days p.a., plus public holidays.
- Buy & sell Holiday scheme – 2 opportunities per year to buy or sell up to 5 holidays
- Additional holidays: Half Day Fridays and a Wellbeing Day
- £100 per year matched charity donation, plus payroll giving options
Hours: A standard week is 37½ Monday to Friday
At Chess we offer many flexible working options, and we have both full-time and part-time working hours available. Chess pride themselves on being an inclusive employer, so if you want to find out more about our flexible working arrangements this can be discussed with your application.
Working location: Hybrid working position
Allowing you to enjoy the flexibility of working from home whilst also having the option to work from one of our many local hubs spread throughout the UK. Ad-hoc travel to offices within the group and other locations may be required on occasion group and other locations may be required on occasion.
Is Chess the place for you?
If you are looking for a career that brings exciting challenges and opportunities, then Chess is the place for you.
Please email your CV and covering letter to our Recruitment Department at: email@example.com.